Thursday, June 5, 2008

Keeping the Arts Alive Scholarship

I am so excited to give 2 scholarships this year for the "Keeping the Arts Alvie". The recipient for Dirigo High School is Garrett Keene. He is active in his community and at Dirigo with theater and visual arts. I am very pleased to help Garrett continue his passion. The Mountain Valley recipient will be announced soon.

I founded the "Keeping the Arts Alive Scholarship" to give back to the community. I have been photographing families, weddings, and seniors for over 10 years now and watched your children grow and mature into young adults, photographing some of their weddings, and even some of their babies. Wow, how the years fly by.
I have a fine-art sale to raise money for the scholarship. My students at Region 9 Adult Education donate a fine-art print to auction off. I auction off around 3 of my own fine-art for the scholarship. So far this year I raised over $300.00. I will be having another auction soon, I may coincide it with Brian's Bistro's grand opening. The Bistro is located at the Hotel Harris. A wonderful, newly open restaurant in Rumford. You have to go and try it. It is wonderful. Great food, Great prices. call for take out 364-3300

No comments: