Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Maine PPA Convention this month

I am preparing my seven 16x20 prints for competition for this month. I am very excited and anxious to see how the judges like my work. My portfolio this year is one landscape, one fine art, and the rest are portraits. Some are environmental portraits, and some are traditional portraits. We will see what the judges think.
It is always a heart pounding moment when you see your print come before the judges and they talk about what they do and don't like about it. You learn so much about your work from them. All the judges are trained and are masters in the art of photography. It's hard to hear negative comments but you grow from it and become a better photographer because of it. You just need to be thick skinned and learn from the comments. They will give you one on one time to talk about your work in depth. I hope to take advantage of that service this year. Being a board member and 1st Vice President takes up a lot of time, but I will do my best to take time for a personal critique.
If I win any awards this year, I will post them asap. Wish me luck.

No comments: